The inaugural and very busy Rocky Butte Farmers Market.
Good news! The Rocky Butte Farmers Market will return for a second popup (read about the first one here) this Saturday, August 3 from 10am-2pm at the Dharma Rain Zen Center, 8500 NE Siskiyou Street in Portland. I’m really excited to check it out and do my market shopping closer to home.
Here’s the full vendor list, as of the writing of this post:
- Amica Farm (Portland, OR): seasonal mixed produce.
- Chalchi Farm (Portland, OR): salsa-oriented vegetables, including tomatillos, tomatoes, habanero peppers, serrano peppers, cilantro, epazote, basil, lettuce, spinach, chard, peas, carrots, radishes, handmade copper and shell/bone jewelry
- Davinia Acres (Eagle Creek, OR): seasonal mixed produce and pastured meat shares; website
- El Local (Portland, OR): Mexican food truck featuring fresh tacos, burritos, gorditas, and horchata; website
- Fawn Lily Farm (Portland, OR): freshly cut flower bouquets; website
- Flying Dog Heart Farm (Portland and Corbett, OR): tea blends, tinctures, herbal vinegars, fresh herbs, plant starts, fresh vegetables; website
- Henry Higgins Boiled Bagels (Portland, OR): freshly made bagel sandwiches and bulk bagels; website
- Lanvin French Bakery (Portland, OR): freshly baked pastries with gluten free options; website
- Little Sun Farm (Gresham, OR): fresh vegetables, including salad mix, lettuce, kale, chard, spinach, radish, green onions, parsley; website
- Mad Roots (Portland, OR): Madison High School student interns selling mixed seasonal produce; website
- Mill Meadow Farm (Damascus, OR): seasonal mixed produce; website
- Olander EarthWorks (Portland, OR): handmade ceramic zen gardens and unique creations; website
- Pizza Schmizza (Portland, OR): fresh pizza and beverages; website
- Rocky Butte Coffee Roasters (Portland, OR): coffee beans, pour over coffee, iced coffee; website
- Shane Reaney Studio (Portland, OR): ceramics; website
- Sherret Food Forest (Portland, OR): edible flowers, seasonal mixed produce; website
- Short Stock Farm (Hillsboro, OR): pasture raised chickens; website
- Starry Moon Farm (Portland, OR): fresh seasonal vegetables, flowers, herbs; website
- T bees Honey (Sherwood, OR): fresh local honey and beeswax products; website
- Thorneberry Farm (Ranier, OR): organic blueberries
- Trent Family Farms (Cloverdale, OR): pasture raised beef, lamb, and eggs; website
- Whisper of Essence Bath & Body (Portland, OR): handmade goat milk soaps, goat milk & shea butter lotion, bath bombs, bath salts
Additional activities include: live music; childrens’ activities; free tours of the Dharma Rain Zen Center; and information booths featuring the OSU Master Gardeners Program, OnPoint Community Credit Union, and the City of Portland’s Neighborhood Emergency Teams. The Rocky Butte Farmers Market organizers will also be available at an info both to answer all your questions and welcome your feedback on the market.
This market is a lot of fun—I hope to see you there on Saturday!
Latest posts by Meg Cotner (see all)
- Yen Ha Vietnamese Restaurant To Open in Future Location - November 11, 2019
- Four Things I Learned This Week (November 8) - November 8, 2019
- Restaurant Updates: Pizza, Bagels, Brunch and More - November 6, 2019