Happy Friday the 13th! So far the spookiest things I’ve seen today have been a strange wintry mix was falling from the sky this morning, and that all the garnet yams were gone from the Safeway. Aside from that, here are some of the things I learned about this week in Portland food.
House Accounts at Bhuna. Local restaurants are looking to alternate ways to keep the cashflow going during this virus crisis, and Bhuna has chosen a kind of pay ahead model. More about these accounts:
“Our community of guests is really important to us. We wanted to get you involved in the continued growth of our restaurant, so we partnered with inKind to introduce House Accounts. House Accounts allow us to reward loyal guests for pre-purchasing their next few meals. You get bonus dining credit to spend at Bhuna, and we get the funds to continue spreading the joy our food brings.”
The credit never expires and they are selling a limited number of accounts. You can participate here.
Inexpensive Eats. The Oregonian put together a list of 40 Best Inexpensive Restaurants this week. Here are some that are located further east:
- Binh Minh Sandwiches, 7821 SE Powell Blvd
- Bun Bo Hue Restaurant, 7002 SE 82nd Avenue
- Du’s Grill, 5365 NE Sandy Blvd
- Ha VL, 2738 SE 82nd Avenue #102
- Rose VL, 6424 SE Powell Blvd
- HK Cafe, 4410 SE. 82nd Avenue
- Master Kong, 8435 SE Division Street
- Pho Oregon, 2518 NE 82nd Avenue
- Pure Spice, 2446 SE. 87th Avenue
- Tortilleria y Tienda de Leon’s, 16223 NE Glisan Street
Salt & Straw’s March 2020 Flavors. I can attest that the Cinnatopia Cinnamon Bun and Salted Caramel Cupcake flavors this month are particularly good. I also hear the Wild Foraged Berry Pie is a major seller right now, too.
How Coronavirus Is Impacting the Portland Restaurant World. Eater has the staff, time and resources to keep track of the broad spectrum of ways COVID-19 is affecting Portland restaurants, so head on over for updates.
Latest posts by Meg Cotner (see all)
- Farewell Heim, Hello Bee’s Cakes and Cafe - May 7, 2021
- Support Rocky Butte Farmers Market at Arrowood on May 17 - May 6, 2021
- Rosebridge Coffee Opens Inside Fairley’s Pharmacy - April 27, 2021