This “Mae At-Home Starter Kit” is brilliant, and one of the Kickstarter rewards for the Mae and Yonder project.
Today I got an email from Maya and Zach at Mae about their new restaurant, which is really two restaurants in one: Yonder and Mae. The email was about their Kickstarter they launched to crowdfund the restaurants; their goal is $75,000. They know it can be tough to fund an effort like this and are hoping their fans and current customers can pitch in and help financially support this exciting venture—it will be the first brick and mortar for what is now a popup at Old Salt Marketplace.
Yonder will be a counter service restaurant and Mae will continue its popup aethetic—basically dinners for big groups of people. Maya and Zach are committed to continuing their work bringing good Southern eats to Portland.
As it goes with Kickstarter, there are rewards for your gifts. They are:
- $1 gets you their sincere thanks.
- $25 or more: an exclusive Yonder Drumstick Enamel Pin designed by Meagan Geer.
- $75 or more: the Mae Tote Bag, their first branded swag with their new logo.
- $150 or more: the “Mae At-Home Starter Kit” which is pretty cool. It’s a collection of classic Southern ingredients—pickled ramp pimento cheese, whipped sorghum butter, stone-ground white cornbread mix (and recipe), Benton’s bacon, and Sea Island red peas.
- $300 or more: an exclusive vegetarian dinner with their farmer, Dan Sullivan. He’ll be at the dinner to answer any questions about the ingredients his farm will provide. This will happen in late summer of this year, the height of the summer growing season.
- $400 or more: Winemaker Dinner with Andy Young on April 26, 2018. You’ll get to meet Andy and also “get early intel” on their menu.
- $500 or more: attend an exclusive recipe testing dinner on May 1. This is a chance to preview dishes going on the Mae and Yonder menus and give your feedback.
- $600 or more: get access to the first dinner in the new Mae space. Taste new dishes and get to know their beverage menu, too.
- $1,000 or more: Honor Your Maw or Meemaw. A framed portrait of your beloved female relative will adorn a dedicated wall in the restaurant.
- $5,000 or more: you an seven of your closet friends get to make Sunday Supper with Maya Lovelace at a place of your choice.
- $10,000: two options: 1) a private catering job for your special event (e.g., wedding, birthday) in Washington and Oregon (offer is good for two years). 2) Mae comes to you and recreates the restaurant experience in your home kitchen for one night. Offer available throughout the continental US for two years.
The Kickstarter has already raised over $9,000 (at the writing of this article) and knowing how enthusiastic her fans and admirers are, I am confident that this project will get funded. They need to reach their goal by Thursday, April 12. And I’m putting my money where my mouth is and am a backer—I hope you will consider helping support them during this Kickstarter project, too.
Good luck, Maya and Zach!
Latest posts by Meg Cotner (see all)
- Black Rock Coffee Bar Is Coming to the Hollywood District - April 12, 2019
- Portland Pizza Week 2019 Is Almost Here - April 12, 2019
- Scenes From the SE Belmont H Mart Grand Opening - April 11, 2019